View Single Post
Old 02-08-2023, 09:51 AM   #2205
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
I have no end game with the discussion and I'm not trying to box people into some kind of 'gotcha' moment. I have listened to Rogan enough to know that he is not some frothy at the mouth racist or anti-semite. Sometimes I think people view the source first without critically thinking about the content or context of what's said.

blankall says all generalizations are racist. Really? That's about as broad a stroke I've ever seen. If that is the case then my previous point stands in that literally everyone, everywhere is and are racist / racists. Diluting racism to that extreme strips down the words' efficacy in making real change for shaming most people into self-reflection, acceptance, tolerance and the rejection of prejudice- which is what this is about. I don't think Rogan is being intentionally prejudicial with that statement- the same way I don't think Trudeau is a racist for painting his face black. Specifically based on Trudeau's history and who he is and what we know about him- is he racist? Of course not. Same thing here.
This is where we are now. Like you can generalize that Asians are good at math but that's racist because it puts pressure on all Asians to be good at math but some aren't and that would lower their self esteem. A coworker of mine hates Dim Sum and people actually asked me if that was ok. We are walking on eggshells.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote