View Single Post
Old 02-07-2023, 12:49 PM   #43
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
To me 19 and 26 seems quite different.
Just knowing how most women mature in their mid to late 20s and know the kind of person they are, where as 19 year olds are still like kids.

Although your friend was much older, at least the women was at an age where many women get married, have kids, are real adults.
To actual age of the woman is more important here than the gap itself to me, although I guess both are legal.
If I had a friend dating a 19 year old, I'd be grossed out. A friend dating a 26 year old, not so much.
But it isn't a typical 19 year old like the ones we know. The ones we know are still figuring themselves out. Most 19 year old models/up and coming celebrities have basically been working for years already and forced to grow up.

I'm not defending Leo, but it feels a tiny bit that way... ick.

But let's say Millie Bobbie Brown. She's 18 now, but she's not the average 18 year old getting out of high school and starting to choose her career. Her career path has been known for a while. Her portrayal has accelerated from kid to woman while her peers in Stranger Things have been left to mature at a reasonably normal speed. If the Henry Cavill comments are true, then those in the 14-22 age range male or female have been accelerated into mature career levels to the detriment of having a childhood. I can't tell if this makes it better or worse, but I'm just saying the stage of life (not age) that has been made is not as good of an argument there.

If you look at some of the other actresses, you can kinda see they accelerate around that age as well. Chloe Grace Moretz was playing kid roles until around age 15-17 ish (2014-2016 ish?). Then they started accelerating her into college age+ roles. IIRC, I couldn't even read reviews about the equalizer without randomly running into tons of comments about her looks. That always weirded me out due to the amounts of comments about that that were embedded and also because she wasn't even 18 at that time.

Not all actresses or models seem to launch at age appropriate times. For instance Margaret Qualley has been someone I've started keeping tabs on lately. After her role in Death Stranding and her role in Maid, I've been slowly going backwards and watching earlier stuff. But even then, she also started early on as a model before acting.

That being said, Qualley has a guide/someone who knows how to protect her into Hollywood via Andie Macdowell? I think Moretz and Brown do not. The models Dicaprio dates often likely do not. I wonder if that is a factor in whether these actresses get accelerated into roles too early.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote