View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 10:28 PM   #5615
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
The most ironic part is usually the people who hate tipping correlate to lower tippers (self proclaimed in the thread) , then ask for the staff to be paid a higher wage and just eliminating tipping .

Which will just see all menu prices raise 15-20% to cover the extra salaries , meaning the lower tippers actually pay more , and the good tippers will pay less and actually come out better financially, however with most likely worst service which will annoy them also, so both sides will end up annoyed. And/or the restaurants will claim prices are up to pay servers , and pocket more profit while sticking it to the employees.

Unless the proposal is the ensure all employees in service industries make less overall , which seems weird for one of the few industries unskilled (relatively) and younger workers can make good money
I'm the sucker who tips well everywhere prompted out of some weird social pressure. I'd be way better off financially if tipping was eliminated and prices rose, because I tip above average, effectively subsidizing people who are crappy tippers.

I'd also prefer it from a social point of view. I find tipping uncomfortable as it creates a weird social hierarchy that I don't like. I also think it would be better for people to have stable incomes vs having them vary with tips.

I don't think it will ever be eliminated but wish it would.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post: