View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 02:18 PM   #51
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey_Ninja View Post
I just want more youth in the line-up. We’re the only team that hasn’t graduated any of our picks from 2019 onward. I’m tired of seeing Lucic in the top 6. Yeah he’s been getting some points but we’re not going far if he’s the opposite winger on a line with Huberdeau and Kadri. I don’t know what else Phillips and Pelletier have to do to get legit NHL chances. Grow several inches and lbs? It’s frustrating and worrying. What if Wolf gets wasted away in the minors? I’m genuinely starting to get scared that Coronato is gonna pull a Fox on us

I know this isn't to rent but, maybe we are lacking somebody to come in with a long-term vision so we could get a franchise player? Maybe the long-term vision gets influenced by ownership? My biggest rant would be that we didn't bring in a quality coach from the beginning when the guys were young. We really missed the boat and wasted a lot of valuable time with our coaching carousel. I remember when we first brought in BT and I was concerned that we didn't hire an experienced general manager, and in turn he didn't hire the right coaches for the team. I think had we had brought in the right combination of people we might not be where we are right now. It goes back to my original point, I think we need to hire somebody who has a long-term vision and can stick to it. I think that the way things are done now we tend to fill in a lot of holes season by season and sometimes the players don't fit as they should. We need to swing for the fences get a dynamic player and then build around that.

Last edited by DazzlinDino; 01-12-2023 at 02:21 PM.
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DazzlinDino For This Useful Post: