View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 11:38 AM   #1902
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSJ View Post
Headed to Halifax tomorrow morning with my son for a hockey tournament. I love these trips with him. We have such a great time and I love watching him play I know these trips are starting to come to an end too. He's 14 and headed to U18 AAA next year and they will start travelling with the team instead of with parents.

We've travelled far and wide for hockey and have made some just exceptional friends along the way I'll miss it when its over
Hmmm, I hated that when my kids were in team sports. My son had the misfortune of being on a soccer team that made it to provincials. I couldn't believe how quickly a large chunk of the parents coalesced into a weird parental cult that revolved around 12-year-olds kicking a ball. Like, you weirdos. Did none of you have friends before this four-month season? And then of course you never see them again after the season is done because you had one thing in common that's now over.

Both my son and I were confused the whole time as to what was happening. Like, he was just in it because a girl he liked said she was into soccer so we signed him up. I was just there because I was his ride and liked watching him have fun. What a mistake. If you didn't jump into this cult they thought you were the strange one. That was a nightmare.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post: