View Single Post
Old 01-02-2023, 12:18 PM   #2
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Yep. Mine controls my garage door, garage and storage room lights (timer so that they turn off automatically), holiday lights (Wyze bulbs and a Twinkly string), and a few other random things. The coolest thing I've done with it so far is with a Marantz receiver that is in the basement storage room that controls the home theater stuff down there, and some outdoor speakers. I've got an old Chromecast connected to it, and if I start casting to it that triggers HA to turn on the Marantz and switch the input, no need to fiddle with a remote. If there's nothing playing for 30 minutes it shuts back off

And the outdoor speakers were initially a pain. They can only be a separate input from the main speakers if you use bluetooth, which didn't work from the backyard. Chromecast worked, but that required turning on an All Zone Stereo mode which combined the two zones and then muting the indoor speakers. I could do all that through the Marantz web interface on my phone, but it was clunky as hell. Managed to script everything in HA though and put it in a toggle switch. Now getting the Chromecast on the outdoor speakers is a single button press, which is handy since my wife can do it now without asking me everytime
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post: