View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 11:07 PM   #1
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Happy Festivus - The Airing of Grievances

One of the most cherished Festivus traditions is “The Airing of Grievances”…and with the Festivus Game against the Ontario Reign just around the corner (December 20th) I figured it would be a fun idea to have an airing of grievances for the Flames/Wranglers organization.

It can be anything from on-ice performance, to in-arena experience.

“I’ve got a lot of problems and you’re going to hear about it”

For me, they are as follows

1) The Fan 960 and the Darryl Sutter worship. I find Francis, Lou, and Wills to be the worst for this, the whole “Darryl Sutter can do no wrong rhetoric” I’m sick of it…I’m missing Ryan Pinder’s bluntness and honesty while the flames struggle through this stretch.

2) The handling of Matthew Phillips this season. This team has struggled to score goals all season, and the lack of urgency to give Phillips (or anyone else) an opportunity while the original formula was not working was incredibly frustrating. An incredibly short leash with 2 games thus far and Minimal 5-on-5 ice time is not the fair shot the fans were demanding.

3) Milan Lucic’s Ice Time - This one is difficult to watch. Despite dwindling production and impactful minutes, Sutter continues to give preferential treatment to underperforming veterans like Lucic. First game after the 3 games of being a healthy scratch, Lucic having more 5-on-5 ice time than Mangiapane or Lindholm is unacceptable.

4) Lack of Radio Coverage - With all the syndicated programming and pre-recorded podcast episodes that are currently filling time on the radio, I feel it should be pretty easy to throw on the AHLTV audio broadcast on the radio on a Wednesday night (Maybe an alternate station that isn’t the Fan960 could accommodate?). As for the regular coverage of the team, I realize they currently have the Friday segment with Sandra Prusina, but the problem with weekly scheduled time slots like that is most people that listen to the radio do it while at work, or in the car. So unless your schedule coincides with that time every week, you aren’t going to hear anything.

Last one - Open Up the Duttons stairway to the concourse!! Trying to get from the main concourse from the club seats quickly is an awful experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesFanStrandedInEDM For This Useful Post: