View Single Post
Old 12-15-2022, 11:17 AM   #199
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
A Vancouver Island woman who says she was sexually abused as a child by a former Nazi turned Catholic priest has settled her lawsuit against the church.

Father Gerhard Hartmann repeatedly sexually assaulted and fondled the victim over a period of three years at St. Peter's Roman Catholic Church in Nanaimo, B.C., beginning in 1976, when she was just 10 years old, according to the notice of claim.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...686647?cmp=rss

Church did nazi that one coming *ducks*

Quote:
Hartmann, who died in 2015, came to Canada from Germany after the Second World War. He was a member of the Hitler Youth, S.P. said, and defended Hitler's bunker during the Soviet advance on Berlin.

According to S.P., that history was common knowledge in the church community.

"He was always proud of it," she said.
Quote:
Her lawyer, Robert Talach, urged anyone with a similar experience to speak to police or trusted people in their lives.

"I would implore people not to go to the diocese," he said. "For me, there is no track record of any diocese in the Catholic Church dealing with this effectively, and I would encourage people to go to secular resources."
I guess this needs to be repeated...do not trust the source of your abuse to fix things. They don't care.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: