View Single Post
Old 11-22-2022, 11:39 AM   #237
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
I honestly didn't know the stats, but found the sitautional hitting was atrocious. Many guys left on base, and many guys unwilling to change their approach (always looking for the hero homerun when knocking in the RISP would be more beneficial). If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I don't have stats on this, admittedly.
What so many missed during the year last year is that ALL offense was down. It was WAY down in April and May, especially power. It made every team look worse when you watched. I was the same, I was shocked midway through the season that I saw the Jays at or near the top of the league in so many offensive categories. It all had to do with the ball.

Now that the ball is deadened, they are banning the shift. The power output will stay suppressed, but watch batting averages rise, left handed hitters especially (hence the Blue Jays interest in Bellinger). The league is trying to go to a more 1980's style game it seems. Teams started to run more and now with more hits, I'm guessing that will continue as well. The bases being slightly larger will also increase stolen base success percentage.