View Single Post
Old 11-17-2022, 08:27 PM   #120
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Ya, until management asks "The computer made this all on its own? Well what do we need you for?"
When computers started generating sounds which were turned into music people said we won't need artists anymore. 50 years ago Pink Floyd was accused of letting the electronics do all the work. Same thing happened when CGI first hit, we won't need people anymore. Puppeteers thought they would be out of a job, turns out they are needed to create realistic motion only thing that changed is the input method.

There may be a time when A.I. can do absolutely everything from beginning to end and do it better, not sure how I feel about that. In the mean time semi-intelligent A.I. is simply another tool among many. For me personally it opens up an entirely new way to create, I don't have the mechanical skills in my hands to create art but now I can create at least on some level.

What about people with physical limitations, now they can express themselves artistically. I think you should try tools like Stable Diffusion before passing judgement. I strongly disagree that A.I. generates images that all look the same, you can get incredible variety it's mostly up to how well you can describe a scene, both technically and artistically.

BTW the imgur album I posted does not show images at full resolution, for example
https://i.imgur.com/Wv9pdKp.png

That is my favourite, it has the likeness but also a vibe of its own. The hair is amazingly detailed. There is usually chaos in the renders which can be incredible or downright disturbing. I kept using the tag amulet which the A.I. doesn't know how to piece together properly most of the time. But sometimes it looks great, or it turns amulet into a skull. The permutations are basically endless talk about unleashing imagination.

I'd love to see what people with legit artistic talent can do with tools like SD.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote