View Single Post
Old 11-14-2022, 07:05 PM   #63
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
Tough to tell your own story, be a backdoor pilot for a new character & series, and also lay groundwork for another movie. The interconnectedness is a selling feature, but it's also a hinderance when it's not used right. Reading some of these remarks makes me think the balance was off on this one. Especially when little mid-credit and post-credit teasers have worked well as scaffolding as the movies to date have rolled out.
For a company who has done a tremendous job at knowing when to introduce a character cold and when to give them sufficient background and a soft intro, Marvel/Disney sure flubbed this one.

I'm only a moderate BP fan but this is one of those movies that felt like it was so close to being amazing that it is kind of annoying that they screwed it up. When a movie is awful, it feels like a total miss and it's like 'who cares? that was unsalvageable' but this was legit frustrating because they were so close, yet so far.

I'm just happy there's a marvel property I care enough to talk about. For the last little while it's been pretty meh.

My 5 point plan to turn BPWF into a great superhero film. Spoilered for length:

Spoiler!
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: