View Single Post
Old 11-02-2022, 05:34 PM   #1030
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
Thank you to those with snowblowers who help their neighbors out, without making things more difficult for the rest of the neighborhood.

We have a guy just around the corner by 2 houses, who gets out with his snowblower & cleans his place up, then comes across & does my neighbor's house. Lovely.

Except he blows the main sidewalk up to our property & blows all my neighbor's snow on to our driveway/sidewalk. The driveway & sidewalk that is currently drifted 3 ft high with dense, heavy snow. Does the same thing on his side of the street with his snow - onto the neighbor's property on either side & into the street, narrowing it immensely because several other people push their snow on to the street & the city almost never plows here, so now we have this tiny little route through, enough for a single vehicle & everyone gets stuck in these idiots' snowpiles (or smashed into the ice piles) they've tossed onto the road - we've been here 8.5 years & they've plowed our street 3 times. That old coot makes me very cranky on snow days.

I mean, if he was going to help anyone out, why not the elderly lady on the other side of us who is dying of cancer & whose kids don't come out to shovel her out? But no, he uses his snowblower on the other neighbor's place, the 1 who has a big strapping son who is well capable of doing the job (in his early 40s, 6'5, etc). Instead, it's us & the young guy 2 doors down who dig out our dying neighbor's place every snowfall, making sure there's ice melt down, etc.

I don't care that you don't help us, I just don't need everyone else's snow added to my 3 foot high driftpiles, thanks.

I might be a tidgey bit cranky.
You know, is it possible that he doesnt know any of that?

I know my direct neighbours, but thats about it. Oh, and the crazy lady 4 doors down that walks her cat outside and hides around corners smoking hoping that nobody can see her.

I told her once that she's a grown woman, she can smoke if she wants to. Its not a crime or anything but then she panicked and ran away.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: