View Single Post
Old 11-02-2022, 05:18 PM   #1029
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
Thank you to those with snowblowers who help their neighbors out, without making things more difficult for the rest of the neighborhood.

We have a guy just around the corner by 2 houses, who gets out with his snowblower & cleans his place up, then comes across & does my neighbor's house. Lovely.

Except he blows the main sidewalk up to our property & blows all my neighbor's snow on to our driveway/sidewalk. The driveway & sidewalk that is currently drifted 3 ft high with dense, heavy snow. Does the same thing on his side of the street with his snow - onto the neighbor's property on either side & into the street, narrowing it immensely because several other people push their snow on to the street & the city almost never plows here, so now we have this tiny little route through, enough for a single vehicle & everyone gets stuck in these idiots' snowpiles (or smashed into the ice piles) they've tossed onto the road - we've been here 8.5 years & they've plowed our street 3 times. That old coot makes me very cranky on snow days.

I mean, if he was going to help anyone out, why not the elderly lady on the other side of us who is dying of cancer & whose kids don't come out to shovel her out? But no, he uses his snowblower on the other neighbor's place, the 1 who has a big strapping son who is well capable of doing the job (in his early 40s, 6'5, etc). Instead, it's us & the young guy 2 doors down who dig out our dying neighbor's place every snowfall, making sure there's ice melt down, etc.

I don't care that you don't help us, I just don't need everyone else's snow added to my 3 foot high driftpiles, thanks.

I might be a tidgey bit cranky.
yeah maybe
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrentCrimmIndependent For This Useful Post: