View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 02:01 PM   #36
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
Yeah, simsubbing is a constant thorn with Bell. It seems everytime it's happening I get the picture freezing, sound troubles, etc. The Global and City stations out of Toronto have no reason to exist on satellite. There programming is almost all simsubbing and I never watch it. CTV is almost as bad.

The Sharp Aquos at Costco is a good choice. I hear it's a great TV, I'd like the 42", but has banding problems. At Costco you can keep returning it with no questions until you get a good one.

Yeah, I hear the lc52d92u was supposed to have corrected that (at least in the current ones). The ones before Christmas or the 62u had issues.

I've read the black levels on this TV are supposed to be some of the best around, and black levels have been a big knock against LCD.

The room I would put the TV is pretty bright, so a plasma isn't ideal for that situation.

I was hoping to see LED back-light units starting to filter down, but either they are rare or I don't know how to read the model numbers to identify them.

(PS - Vulcan - I grabbed your quote from the EVU/SC thread so not to muddy that discussion)
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti