View Single Post
Old 09-20-2022, 10:56 AM   #1048
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
My point is more that an existing club with football management experience should be involved. The logistics I am not to sure about. Perhaps they operate in partnership with/under the purview of an investor.

I personally would move them to Foote Field for starters, if that was possible.

Either way, it would be foolish for some fly-by-night ownership group to come in and try and make a quick buck. The FCE brand is damaged and needs rehabilitating, and you do that through community integration.
Scottish being the football operations with a big money investor could be a good fit. Foote Field, not so much.

Part of FC Edmonton's problems stem from marketing the club heavily when first launched, only to play at Foote Field. Stands 30 yards from the pitch, bright yellow end zones, football lines. Take a look at these highlights below, no wonder people didn't take to the product. Clarke is a dump but it is far superior IMO.

Part of FC Edmonton's lack of appeal is that without significant investment into a stadium that the club would not own, or a new stadium built from scratch, the stadium will be completely subpar for professional soccer. Ideally the latter is built, but again that's a large investment in a market that hasn't accepted pro soccer.

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote