View Single Post
Old 09-17-2022, 02:37 PM   #164
Savvy27
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Watching the game this afternoon:

Zary - saw some say that he looked like pre-injury Zary which is good but I would go further. His skating has improved quite a lot. His stride used to be a bit awkward and it was noticeable compared to other players for me before. Now he looks like he has a more standard stride and his skating looks pretty good. His hockey sense impresses me, he goes where the puck is going better than any other player out there.

Solovyov - has been the best Flames D so far. You can tell he's played pro as he does so many little plays with confidence that go awry when his teammates try it. I've seen him strip the puck off the Canucks a lot.

Feuk - surprisingly creative and skilled out there. Not sure I have ever seen him before but he's made a few plays leading to scoring chances.

Klapka - what an interesting find for the scouts. He's huge, but the hands and desire to score are much better than I expected. He wants to be a difference maker.

Schwindt - looks pretty good. He's a lanky guy who did not seem to be pushing the pace in this one. To be fair he is probably more focused on fine tuning his game for camp. I expect a better game vs the Oilers.

Pelletier - he's a heck of a player. Good effort and willingness to battle, but not the dominant performance that might be expected from those thinking he might make the Flames this year.

Wolf - so smooth and calm. Excellent.

Nikolaev - good first period. He just has a style that I like a lot. Plenty of smart little plays. He supports well all over.

Beck - high skill level. Should have had at least one, but the Canucks goalie was excellent too.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
Savvy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Savvy27 For This Useful Post: