View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 12:05 PM   #2046
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Exactly. You don’t have to go looking for this stuff to find it. Especially if you spend any time in left-leaning media and culture spaces. I read the Guardian daily, and you’d be hard-pressed to find any subject or activity - dancing, cooking, gardening, cycling - that hasn’t been interrogated for its patriarchal and colonialist oppression.
That seems like only a good thing to me. Mocking and dismissing (which you just did) interrogations of such things is disingenuous and intellectually lazy. "Ah, that old <woke> <regressive> <commie> BS!"

Prescribing policy or social change based on the "findings" merits discussion and argument; for instance, I would wager that the orchestra example would have valid arguments both for and against in most peoples' eyes, and depends on the specifics of a case. But to dismiss out of hand is dumb.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AltaGuy For This Useful Post: