View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 02:26 PM   #15
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cube Inmate View Post
The storytelling is more important than the story. And it's a lot harder to master.

I just read a Grisham book last week and it was... not masterful. In the final chapters, all the mysteries were explained but there was no moment of "I can't believe I missed that!" It was just a mechanical, dry explanation of something he never made me think about in the first place.
Hm that could definitely be, just getting more picky/discerning over time (either term depending on how you want to spin it lol).

Even when I was young I couldn't read many Star Wars or Star Trek or whatever.. most just seemed terrible. I remember thinking the Thrawn Star Wars books or the Drizzt Forgotten Realms books were decent because they were closer to what I usually read.

Someone suggested Cory Doctorow to me since they're techy/nerdy, but it just seemed like "lets see how many tech concepts we can stir in and hope they don't notice the rest".

Maybe I should be going onto best 100 of blank book lists and start reading the ones I haven't read.