View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 09:17 AM   #228
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Flatus View Post
Moving to an entirely new city or country is a tough slog no matter where it is and it's going to take a while to start to feel like you've put down some roots. Someone says Vancouver is unfriendly - well any place other than where you just left is going to seem unfriendly until you've given it a fair shake for a year or two and really put yourself out there.

It isn't easy as an adult to make new and meaningful connections with others, even if you have a job and some degree of family present in the area with a network lined up that you can tap into.
Nah, cities actually have real differences in culture and those differences affect people's experiences of life in the city. I have moved cities to make a new home six times in my adult life, and two of those times were Vancouver, roughly twenty years apart. Of all the places I've moved to, Vancouver is the least friendly and the most self-involved. There are other places you can move to that will be friendly right off the bat. You don't even need to leave the province or the country to observe that.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote