View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 06:20 PM   #223
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I wouldn’t even say the majority of the Sikh community in BC is middle class. I am not sure if stats exist for this kind of thing, but I would bet they out of every ethnic group in the province, they hold the most disproportionate amount of wealth. I could be wrong, but I would be surprised if the above isn’t true.
We're getting into sticky territory here. However, I do think that the perceived wealth of communities that have multi-generational families in one household is greater than the actual wealth.

You might find a family in a massive and expensive house, but there could be 3+ sets of independent family units in one building. Therefore, you have to divide the value by 3+. The rent savings of living like that would also allow you to spend more money on things like vehicles.

Great way to pool assets, save, and invest....but you also have to live with the in-laws.

Specifically, with Sikhs there are also many first generation immigrants who are working their @#$@# off in factories and mills, driving cabs, doing janitorial work, working security, etc... and these people are not rich.

The people that do have wealth tend to by their children gifts north american born parents wouldn't (ex fancy cars), so it adds to the perception of their being more wealth there than there actually is.

I have many Sikh friends, who on the face appear ridiculously wealthy, but when you break it down to actual assets per person, it's not as crazy as it seems.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post: