View Single Post
Old 07-28-2022, 10:49 AM   #1462
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
In Arizona in the 2000's, a half million bought you castle with a dragon and a moat. I always thought the Saul Goodman practice was a way for Jimmy to filter through a mass of scumbags in order to find high-value, criminal clients who don't to deal with regular lawyers.

I really liked the last episode, I was really curious how Jimmy was dealing with such a mundane existence and how his old personality was starting to break through. I like "slice of life" style storytelling and seeing how characters I'm invested live when they aren't reacting to outside forces.
Goodman's lifestyle was always depicted as absurdly low for the amount of work he was doing. Even if he was doing public defender work, he'd be doing alright with the amount of volume and low overhead he had.

Anyone who goes into criminal law and hustles up work like that will make $150k+ easy within a short amount of time. There was no reason for him to be driving a $500 car, except for dramatic affect.

Then later on he's depicted as having a room full of clients waiting and willing to profit off the sleaziest of personal injury work. He'd be racking it in at that point.

I also liked this new episode too. I think it may lead into something bigger too. I don't see them getting away with this scott free. AMC will use the flash forwards to segue into a new show.

My guess is that they initially filmed this last episode with the intention of breaking it up into smaller bits that would be shown before each episode, but realized it worked better as an independent episode and/or disrupt the flow of the other episodes.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post: