View Single Post
Old 07-04-2022, 04:07 PM   #5342
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Here's a hypothetical for you based on your suggestion:

The suspect fleeing is still scared and panicky. He/she decides to enter a nearby home to hide where he finds someone inside. There's a brief moment of surprise before the scared suspect shoots the innocent person in their home.

Would you not crucify the cops for NOT pursuing the suspect? Isn't that exactly what the cops in Uvalde are in trouble for? Not acting when they had the opportunity...waiting...then a bunch of innocents are dead.

There is definitely a hard decision to be made to avoid unnecessary death of suspects, but honestly, if it results in more deaths of innocent bystanders then I'm not at all for it.

No not the same thing at all.
The Cops in Uvalde are in trouble because they did nothing while an active shooter was actively shooting up a school.

Your situation is based entirely on a hypothetical.
That's part of the problem with policing in the US (and in some ways Canada). It's based on the assumption that everyone needs to be stopped, including up to using deadly force because of what they might do.
Cops shouldn't be killing people because of something they might do.

When there is a clear, immediate danger to the public, Police should act decisively.
Cops should not be acting in a way that increases the danger to the public, like say spraying 90 bullets into the street, based solely on a hypthetical.
If they did that, they should shoot everyone who doesn't immediately drop to their knees, with hands in the air, because who knows what they could do.

Last edited by Bring_Back_Shantz; 07-04-2022 at 04:10 PM.
Bring_Back_Shantz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bring_Back_Shantz For This Useful Post: