View Single Post
Old 07-04-2022, 10:17 AM   #192
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I like dogs, but I don't own one. The grossness being the single biggest reason, but the work that is involved is close second.

One of my favorite things is a perfectly trained dog completely loyal to its master. The master just walks around doing their thing and the dog keeps up. No commands, no hassle. The dog just knows what to do.

The problem is the level of commitment required to get to that point is too much for me. And even if you got to that point, you simply can't get around the grossness part any way you slice it.

Therefore I just let me friends have dogs and I enjoy them in small doses.
This is how I feel too. I have a friend who had the most well trained dog I've ever seen, and she was a blast to be around. She was always clean, and just sat beside you letting you pet her. She didn't go all bananas at the sight of people, and just overall was the most well behaved and chilled dog I've ever seen. My friend said she spent a lot of money on obedience school, plus her dog also had the temperament to be able to be trained so effectively.

But like you said, the time commitment, money, and patience required is way more than what I'd be willing to put into, so like you, I only enjoy other people's dogs. I would never own one myself.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote