Thread: Jeopardy!
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 04:31 PM   #289
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
It must be one of the strangest 5+ win streaks ever. She actually could have four wins by $2, but yesterday's first place player over bet in FJ.

She has only been in first going into FJ once out of the six games.
First win ($2): Second place going into FJ. Only correct response in FJ. Bet enough to win by $2 if first place made a cover bet and got it wrong. Oddly, didn't bet enough to cover the third place player if they had both been correct -- luckily for her, he wasn't.

Second win: Run-away first place going in FJ. Only correct response in FJ but didn't bet anything. Could have bet up to $799 and still been guaranteed the win.

Third win ($2): Third place going into FJ. Triple-stumper FJ. Bet enough to win by $2 if all three were wrong in FJ and first place made a cover bet over second place.

Fourth win: Second place going into FJ. First place was ruled wrong/incomplete in FJ, second and third were both correct. Bet enough to win by $2 if it had been a triple-stumper.

Fifth win: Second place going into FJ. Triple-stumper FJ. Bet enough to win by $2 if first place made a cover bet and got it wrong. First place bet more than necessary, so she won by $201.

Sixth win ($2): Third place going into FJ. Only correct response in FJ. Bet enough to win by $2 if first place made a cover bet and got it wrong and second place bet enough and was also wrong.

In 6 games, her 12 collective opponents have only had one correct response in FJ.
100% my strategy for a run if I ever make it on the show!

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote