View Single Post
Old 06-11-2022, 08:01 PM   #49
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
People do deserve ownership of a home. It’s a pipe dream for many Canadians due to home prices.

Raising rates won’t affect the wealthy and they’ll just gobble up even more real estate for a discount while the people on the edge are foreclosed on or forced to sell while underwater. Thus leaving even more Canadians to continue to perpetually rent with ownership nowhere in sight. And those wealthy people will raise rents because of the rising interest rates to ensure a nice tidy profit. And people will pay it because of the housing crunch.

People may live beyond their means. But the entire system is set up to not just entice them to do so but to force them to do so.

Blaming a stacked system on materialism just means you’ve fallen victim to the disinformation campaign and propaganda the ruling class have force fed you.
I don't agree with forced, I agree with enticed. It seems like that majority of people I grew up with, went to school with and work with (I graduated high school in 2001) were strongly enticed. These were middle class kids. This wasn't Vancouver or Toronto. They weren't forced to do anything. Saving and being frugal and responsible isn't fun. Spending money to live a fun life without having to miss out on anything is.

Last edited by Johnny199r; 06-11-2022 at 08:04 PM.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote