View Single Post
Old 06-11-2022, 07:37 PM   #45
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post
Spring break trips to Mexico during university. Big, expensive trips for people with giant student loans, carrying on into adulthood.

So many people during university would cry poverty on student loans but go on trips I couldn't wrap my head around as someone who was trying his best to stay out of debt.

"I need it for my mental health" - ummmm hmmmmm

Those trips continue after university and many people bring their whole family to the resort after having kids.
Ha! So true.

I’ve had bankers tell me straight up that typically blue collar workers are much better with their money and budgets than the higher earners who blow money before they even get it. For example over reaching and booking expensive trips and buying stuff. I know we have certainly spent a lot on trips over the years.

What I didn’t even touch on was the high expense of post secondary schools particularly universities and especially those away from home. Sorry, but if your program graduates can only expect to top out at about 50-60k/yr 10 years after graduating then WTF are you doing spending 40-50k and 4-5 years of your life to get it!!?? Just to SAY you got a Uni degree??! These days most kids don’t know what they want, or can’t even get entry to a Uni program. My advice is generally to chase a 18-24mo Tech program at SAIT and figure out if you like it or not. At least you get something like a good trade that makes good money right away. Then go back to Uni if it still makes sense.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RichieRich For This Useful Post: