View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 06:26 PM   #70
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Injuries are one.
Doesn't seem like police need to respond to those ones though specifically.
Quote:
Traffic accidents. Traffic calls of all natures pop up tenfold (yes, we get calls about the bridges a lot, and do put them up).
Right - so aren't resources well spent here on an ounce of prevention vs rushing to scenes afterwards? I mean I guess you have to do both, but having some cars in place prophylactically just seems to make obvious sense to prevent further traffic incidents from happening.
Quote:
Smashed property (though I still don't understand why people think CPS can do anything about hail smashed glass, a lot of folks call and insist on CPS going).
Why isn't the answer, "No?" or "Your smashed glass is not an emergency, we'll send someone when we can but it'll be a while, probably after the storm has passed"?
Quote:
Alarm calls go through the roof. Hail sets off alarm systems like crazy, esp panic/duress alarms (which can't be ignored/delayed response).
I can see this being an issue, for sure... I'm not sure what the solution here is but it seems like there must be one. Like fining people for having police respond to those types of alarms when an immediate response wasn't required, which is already a thing that happens with peoples' alarm systems in other contexts.
Quote:
Flooding.
Again, no clue what the police are supposed to do in response to this.
Quote:
"Unwanted guests" spike hard, as the hail drives people inside, and store owners don't like that, esp if the people inside are 'undesirable'.
Same as broken glass - "this is not an emergency. We'll get to you once we've dealt with the immediately pressing issues".

Just seems like given that this is an annual thing that happens basically the same time every year there should be a system that someone has drawn up to put assets in the places they're expected to be required beforehand, and mitigate the chaos somewhat by doing so. Maybe there is to some extent and I'm misunderstanding you, because from what you're saying it sounds like a bit of a clusterf***.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post: