View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 06:01 PM   #65
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
This is very hard to police because when it hails our call volume goes nuts and it's not like officers can just drop the calls/emergencies they are dealing with to go to the overpasses because drivers are being stupid and selfish.
I'm not sure I agree... It's not like severe thunderstorms are totally unpredictable. And I suspect there are specific underpasses where this is frequently an issue. Having a car ready to be there when the storm you know beforehand is going to happen happens, to make sure traffic keeps moving and no one does this, seems like a reasonable use of resources.

What is the nature of the spike in emergencies that come up specifically during a hailstorm, typically? Is it just injuries from being pelted with ice, or just more traffic accidents?

Anyway, if anyone has any info about whether the NW is getting hit, I'd appreciate it, because I need to drive my car home at some point and I'm not sure when the best time would be.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post: