View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 11:38 PM   #5
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I am not sure I’d want company owned Microsoft products on my personal PCs. There’s a bunch of admin / boss features that could be enabled.
Dumb question, what can they do in such a situation? Most people save all sorts of personal passwords and information on corporate machines anyways, so what can be done beyond that?

Obviously it's some form of back door, but what can actually be done with this back door I have no clue. Some of those I've asked before basically treat any form of back door as a keylogger, risk of ransom ware, stealing and whatever boogeyman, but I honestly think they don't have a clue either. Others I've asked said it's unlikely a big deal, but also say that they're unlikely to bother with acquiring 25 non-expiring keys for like $100 on eBay and deploy it on all computers in a business if the company will pay for it anyways.

Again, no explicit reason "why".

I've seen a situation where an IT company registered the 365 keys under their own name that the customer paid for and called it "convenience, so they didn't have to track too many keys across different companies" and explained to non-tech savvy people that as long as the program was installed on their computer, all was fine and they got what they paid for. I made sure to get the client to have the contract ended with them, but I have no idea what damage they could have done in the first place. Last I heard, that IT company got ransom wared to the point that they lost everything including the back ups for their clients. It was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard in my life and somehow, these guys are still in business!
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote