Thread: ACL surgery?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 08:16 PM   #92
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyshep View Post
I am mostly happy I had it done, but my knee does make some crazy crunching noises now when I bend it past 90degrees. I am mostly worried about arthritis as I get older, but hope I am lucky there.
It really depends on how much damage you did to your meniscus and how tight the graft is. My right knee's meniscus is basically destroyed, and as a result I have a lot of issues - for example, standing up from a low seat... basically my knee can't support my weight and straighten without causing pain, so I have to take a lot of the weight on my arms by pulling myself up. Left knee didn't really have any meniscus damage when I tore it, so no such issues, mostly functions as before the surgery.

That said, even the good knee is more prone to causing issues than a healthy knee if something happens to it - I fell on some ice around winter and it was messed up for almost a month to a point where I was worried I'd reinjured it. Turned out okay though.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote