View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 01:56 PM   #1233
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Its such a world gone mad thing and beyond comprehension for me.

I still think for legal guns, you should have to buy isurance. If you have an uninsured fire arm in your possession 10 years in jail and a million dollar fine.

you commit a gun crime life in prison no parole

You commit a gun crime with a unregistered or illegal gun. Life in prison no parole.

You sell a gun illegally, life in prison.

If you're a gun shop owner or seller, and you don't follow procedures. Your business and your house is seized.

People need to rise up and repudiate or cripple lobby groups like the NRA, and their political supporters.
Okay, but this sounds like 'War on Crime/War on Drugs' thing.

Have we not had enough evidence to show that harsh sentencing guidelines dont really have a tendency to actually do much to diminish or deter crimes?

I am actually doing something which I hate which is criticizing something without offering a potential solution or other course of action.

Unfortunately, I really dont have one. I liked the South Park clip that was posted a bit back. Gun Violence and School Shootings seem like they've become so commonplace as to just have become part of everyday life.

Who do you punish? The shooter is not someone that can be reasoned with. By the time they get to that stage there is no reasoning and they dont care about the punishment because most of them arent planning on coming out alive.

So it seems like the proper thing to do would be to get out ahead of it. Be tougher on school bullying. Its not 'oh kids will be kids.' Stamp that stuff out.

More focus on Mental Health...but thats a cop out. Its just a nothing phrase unfortunately its also not wrong. Bullying and stress are bad for mental health which seems to be the key issue here. A person has been pushed to a breaking point.

Granted, I have to admit thats a breaking point I dont understand in this instance. I have no idea why an 18-year old took issue with a bunch of 4th Graders to push him to this point? It doesnt seem to make a lot of sense.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote