View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 10:53 AM   #1698
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

wrmmh... my mom has finally decided that she wants to list her house!

this is the house we moved into when my folks decided to move to kelowna from southern ontario in 1986... so there is almost 40 years of "stuff" there. my dad passed away almost 5 years ago and since then we've been urging/encouraging my mom to downsize. the house is big (around 3500 sqft + 2 sheds... one my dad used as a wood shop) on almost 1/2 an acre - the house is waaaaaay too big for one person, it's old (built in the '70s) and she can't keep up with the yard. i can only do so much becuz i have my own house and business to take care of... oh yea... and wife and kids! ha!

over the last few weeks i've been spending any spare time i've had over there cleaning stuff out (my mom is 78 - so all the heavy lifting has to be done by me - which is fine). a buddy of mine owns the local got-junk franchise so he gave my mom a great deal and we had pickup arranged for yesterday morning. how much stuff can you fit in 2 full got-junk trucks....

Spoiler!

i'm sooooooo happy all that stuff is gone - i'm sure i'll still have to take a load or two to the dump as my mom packs up her house, but to get rid of all this stuff was huge!