View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 11:30 AM   #31
Draug
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy77 View Post
To be clear, I'm not upset with you or anyone selling your original tickets for whatever you want.

The issue I have is that STH had the option to acquire a 2nd set of tickets which are being sold for well above face value and are offsetting the cost of original tickets. Some STH I know are essentially going to playoff games for free.
Absolutely! And what is wrong with that??? I added tickets to my STH account too. Some for friends, some for extended family, and some for me to use with my family .... and will sell some of my original seats.

But, first, it is not even close to free! Consider the ability to add seats for the playoffs as a perk of being a season ticket holder. For my 2 pairs in 212, I was on the hook for $23,000 last season. I lost thousands of dollars on games that I cannot attend (who can, with kids, attend 45 games per year). So, even if I value each game I attend with my kids as full value for the cost, I am out a lot of money.

Damn right there is nothing wrong with adding tickets for the playoffs! First, you might only get 2 home games, and 3 kids dream of going with me. So I need to add in order to continue the family hockey experience. And, when that is fulfilled every round, I don't see how anyone can have an issue with selling at a profit for current games.

And those that dont have season tickets, or dont feel it worth the cost, pay the cost of a ticket sold at profit for the playoffs, and be happy you are going! You knew the costs and the perks of being a season ticket holder every summer. For the 23 years I have had tickets, there has always been an option to add tickets for the playoffs. And, incidentally, always the requirement to buy 4 preseason games at full cost, and also -30 degrees Monday night games vs Arizona in January too!
Draug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Draug For This Useful Post: