View Single Post
Old 04-23-2022, 02:44 PM   #1715
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulham View Post
Cannabis legalization has changed my life. It has led to me stop drinking to excess.

Ive not great at dealing with the stress, I used to drink 3-5 beers after work(473ml tall cans) I got used to feeling kinda crummy in the AM, and was embarrassed that as a big health guy I knew damm well what I was doing to myself. I had 3-5 beers everyday for 3 years.

Ive switched to the Mollo's and Bedfellows 5mg and 10mg beverages and its been a game changer.

Its still a crutch I wish I didn't have; but I've dropped 10lbs in 6 months(Mollo's or bedfellows are between 30-100 cals vs up to 450 for an IPA), and the peace of mind knowing that im not actively killing myself is nice.

Ive moved onto an occasional joint as well, and i'll never go back to casually drinking.

As far as a local craft LP id look into Sugarbud, their based just south of Calgary.

ValueBuds is my go to, however since the Sundial take-over they will usually suggest one of sundial's imo sub-par products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
Any time someone has a substance abuse problem I always think to myself "damn, just smoke some weed already." I rarely say it, but I always think it.
I've been trying in vain to substitute my alcohol consumption with cannabis, and I think the difficulty stems from the unpredictability of cannabis, especially when ingested.

If you're not used to it, or not educated on strains and strengths, smoking can be a jarring and very uncomfortable experience. Or you might just get a headache. Fine-tuning can be a frustrating process, and after about 2 years of trying different things I'm just starting to find what works and what doesn't for me, however trying to find stock of the flower I prefer is still a significant problem.

Oils, capsules, and edibles are a completely different animal. A specific brand/strain at a specific strength can give me a range of experiences even under similar circumstances. One night I can take it and mellow out, another I feel nothing, and others it can actually irritate my mood. Whereas I know exactly how much vodka will elicit which reactions and experiences. If I want to blow off steam it's a challenge to roll the dice with any particular edible when I can control precisely the experience I get with alcohol.

No question, a delightful experience with cannabis is infinitely more enjoyable and healthier with little to no hang-over effects. The problem is cannabis' inconsistency. At least in my experience.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post: