View Single Post
Old 04-03-2022, 08:59 AM   #2520
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Ok so what’s the deal with security gate A? They used to have 4 or 5 separate security screening line ups with separate metal detectors/luggage X-ray.

Now they’re down to 2 for all general/priority/nexus and 1 dedicated for wheelchairs/strollers. I flew out of YYC the other day and the line up was absolutely massive, went all the way down the hallway and well past the corner store place.

It was a total disaster and I’m guessing a lot of people were late for their flights. Thank god for nexus or there’s no way I’d have gotten thru on time and I was really early for my flight.

I see they’ve gotten rid of all metal detectors and now just use one slow ass body scanner for both lines that handle 100% of the traffic. Then they had the one line for strollers/wheelchairs but it was not used at all for general passengers.

It wasn’t just that the line up was huge, it was that with only two X-rays and one body scanner, the line up moved glacially slow.

And I flew out nowhere near peak time. I can’t imagine what a nightmare it’s be at peak.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 04-03-2022 at 09:05 AM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote