View Single Post
Old 03-28-2022, 06:02 PM   #18
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

For me the players we keep would depend a lot on the playoffs performance. Best case scenario, I would try to bring in most of the team back and free up cap space by moving or buying out Monahan and Lucic(buyout wouldn't work here).

If the first line is largely ineffective(which I doubt) I would be open to the idea of either trading Tkachuk, or letting Gaudreau go if he comes at an $11-12M cap-hit. Then we can attempt to bring in a player like Forsberg/Giroux/Malkin. If we can't sign any of the top tier players and we have the cap space because of losing either Gaudreau/Tkachuk I would attempt to bring in one of Trocheck/Rielly Smith and score by committee.

As for depth trades and signings: Stastney is a player I would look into signing to a 1 year deal. Trading for the last year of Scott Mayfield also sounds like something our team would look into, especially if we can't afford either player on our 3rd pairing.

I would definitely like to have a spot open on D for Valimaki/Mackey, and would like to free up 1-2 spots in the top nine for Ruzicka and Pelletier. Which probably means saying goodbye to one of Mangiapane/Coleman/Jarnkrok/Toffoli and a substantial loss. I could also see a scenario where Mangiapane/Kylington sign offer sheets if they don't get the offers they deserve from the Flames.

Last edited by gvitaly; 03-28-2022 at 06:05 PM.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote