View Single Post
Old 03-24-2022, 11:25 AM   #1
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Plex Home Server

I saw some other old threads but rather than to necro them I figured we could start a new thread.

With the prices of streaming rising so much I decided to take more effort to build my media server and put the money towards that but I need to automate it as much as possible.

I have a PC I'm using as a server right now, it has Freenas currently but I'm open to any solution that is easy, I use a private tracker and a seedbox to acquire media I used to go the usenet route but it got to the point where every new file was taken down too quickly or incomplete. Using a seedbox I suppose I don't need to go the private tracker route if public trackers are easier. One thing I used to have when using Usenet/SabNZB was I could setup a site for my wife to request a movie and it would find and downloads it automatically, not sure if that is an option or if its just easier to do that through a program like Jackett or Radarr.

Currently I manually click the file and it opens and downloads via deluge daemon on my seedbox and transfers to my fileserver automatically using syncthing. I had RSS setup but i was getting too many duplicates and filling the hard drive.

Looking to streamline this procedure for both movies/TV and add auto download of new episodes etc, using the easiest fileserver/OS for this and any tricks/tips.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote