View Single Post
Old 03-24-2022, 09:00 AM   #4085
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Yup.

Honestly I feel like offscreen couples don’t tend to work onscreen in wrestling.

Miz and Maryse, Steph and HHH, Rusev & Lana have worked (to an extent)

But Seth and Becky failed, feel like the Edge/Beth Phoenix stuff hurt Edge’s return run a bit, Tay and Sammy hasn’t worked, not sure if Cody+Brandi ever worked in AEW, etc

Hopefully they resist the urge to combine Adam Cole and Britt Baker more than the fun passing hints they do now.

Miz and Maryse is a very good couple onscreen, their work against Cena and Brie was great, especially the phony reality series had me killing myself at times. I think we tend to forget that at the start HHH and Steph was very good. They just threw it in our faces for too long. I'd add Edge and Lita was exceptionally well done as well. You know what one worked for just pure short term comedy. Rusev had a ton of chemistry with Summer Ray.

Tay doesn't need this stuff. I said when she was released by WWE, that she is a star in the making, had a ton of personality and was an under rated worker. I'm still a big fan of her, but yeah the couple stuff is bad.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote