View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 08:52 AM   #108
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Which part? Read the definition of the Emergency Act. It doesn't even necessarily apply to the protests in Ottawa. Not to the level of where you should be actually invoking it. Without using the military to actually physically clear out the protests, how exactly will the federal government do anything? Make a big ruh rah to the media about how the protestors are tearing the country apart and they should all be put in the gulag?

As for the border blockades, they already have all the legal power & policing resources to clear them, but for whatever reason the government wasn't acting. With the Windsor blockade went, I guess it was the Ontario Police.

Its all a big let me show you what I'm going to do now without actually doing anything. Has been from the start.
Uhm, ok I will...

Quote:
8 (1) While a declaration of a public welfare emergency is in effect, the Governor in Council may make such orders or regulations with respect to the following matters as the Governor in Council believes, on reasonable grounds, are necessary for dealing with the emergency:
  • (a) the regulation or prohibition of travel to, from or within any specified area, where necessary for the protection of the health or safety of individuals;
  • (b) the evacuation of persons and the removal of personal property from any specified area and the making of arrangements for the adequate care and protection of the persons and property;
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/....5/page-1.html

Not going to read further, but those 2 seem entirely applicable and useful.

Last edited by Fuzz; 02-14-2022 at 08:55 AM.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: