View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 12:26 PM   #130
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaErtz View Post
What kills me is hearing you guys talk as though you actually pay 6c per kilowatt hour. Add up all the transmission, distribution, and paperwork fees plus your cost per Kwh and divide that by your total kWh consumed to get the true cost. If Enmax were actually charging 6c per kWh, nobody would be putting solar panels on their homes. I'm charged 17.4c per kWh for the first 700 kWh every two months, 24c for kWh 701-2100, and 31c for every kWh after that, and I'm still trying to decide if it is worth it.
First of all- thank you for that post; lots of good info in there.

Regarding the part I quoted, yes, that is the problem with having the billing broken down the way it is. That is why I wish we were actually billed by the Kwh instead of having line items. While I knew at least some of the line items were based on usage; I didn't know there was a distinction between over/under 700 Kwh. That also explains why I have never been able to figure out the exact math of it; as I'm usually in the ~900 Kwh range.

I guess the bigger question, if you are using a two way meter and putting power back onto the grid, do you get credit based on that? I'm thinking if I could put my 200 Kwh back that is over the 700 mark, in theory that would save me $48 per month. But spending twice as much on a system with twice as much production, would only save me an additional $35.

(And my apologies if I messed up any of the terminology.)
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote