View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 10:08 PM   #975
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylock shox View Post
Whether or not Tkachuk is re-signed, I really hope the Flames can find a way to keep Johnny.

He reminds a bit of Kipper in that, after a few years of watching him, you just sort of get used to him being really good. Then, when he leaves, you realize just how significant a hole is left behind.

Tkachuk is a great player in his own right, but Johnny is one of those talents that makes games a pleasure to watch.
Yeah I definitely think there was a lot of that happening on CP. I think I posted about 500 times how under-appreciated Johnny was around here, I was pretty much just copying and pasting responses at that point. think some of the on ice stats with and without him probably tells the story at this point.

I think he and Tkachuk have a serious thing going on. I don’t know how comfortable I’d feel losing the top line at all. Johnny covers deficiencies in Tkachuk and vice versa, that’s what makes them such a great combo.

I’d be ok spending less in certain areas of the team as long as the top line stay together. They make this team tick. They basically set up the next line after them for success by always leaving them in a good position and then it becomes a domino effect.
Classic_Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Classic_Sniper For This Useful Post: