Thread: The Expanse
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 02:47 PM   #376
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
Avasarala and Peaches are the ones with possibly terminal illnesses, but this season did Holden ever look like a space skeleton on death's door. it must have been intentional to show the wear and tear that heading up the war effort was having on him, but often it just looked like everyone else was going into the fridge and stealing his lunch bag.
I was actually concerned that the actor playing him wasn't healthy. I do wonder if that was an intentional choice as he really changed a lot.

I finished the show and liked it well enough, but probably didn't love it like some of the fans here. I felt the the way they defeated the free navy was rushed and contrived. Out of nowhere, Naomi comes up with "if we time it just right and feed the ring everything but the kitchen sink...".

I loved the little epilogue with her son though, that was a really nice touch. And yeah the resurrected kid on the planet storyline was just a tease for bigger things, but really thought they could have tied that off just a little. Maybe they should have just ended it with him coming back to life or something.

Fun to watch a show that is just paced a little differently than big budget spectacles and concentrated a complete sense of lore in a new setting . And I will miss the theme music.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote