View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 01:50 PM   #472
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

You sometimes really have to wonder if biases for projects like this really go and do harm to the taxpayer overall. I was and still am in favor of the project but now I really have to question where all the experts who vilified the other side (against) are?

Plenty of people were absolutely confident this was going to be on time and on budget. There wasn't even pragmatic discussions to be had around legit concerns being proposed. Why do we get the feeling that this will end up costing a fortune and or become a train to almost nowhere or significantly reduced?

A lot of the issues now being raised regarding costs and supply chains, materials and more were raised a long time ago. These were completely ignored. I don't know what the answer is but perhaps we can get the feds to actual fund this thing to the max, we already know they pour transit money into Ontario and Quebec to the tune of billions, let us actually get a new funding announcement and nevermind the same announcement from 2011, 2015, 2019 and 2021 election cycles.
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote