View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 01:05 PM   #141
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
That’s part of it and probably can’t be understated, but Germany is also already bearing a disproportionately high cost for the refugee crisis caused by wars that were not theirs. I can’t blame them for being apprehensive about escalating things with Russia.

One German analyst I listened to yesterday also made a good point that unless NATO at least matched the number of Russian available troops and weaponry in Ukraine, then Ukraine loses no matter what. You can give them weapons, but eventually they won’t have the personnel to outlast Russia in a war. In the event Russia overthrows Ukraine, all the weapons you give then will just fall into Russian hands like a gift to them.

There’re really no halfway measures that work here. If you aren’t ready to commit to a full scale war with Russia, then it might be better to not do anything that just prolongs the war. 16,000 killed since 2014 already. At some point you have to either cut your losses or go all in. I think Germany is staring to go with the first option and the other sides haven’t committed to either direction.
Germany should probably look back in their history to see how well appeasement works with tyrants...
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: