View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 10:51 AM   #44
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
That's too bad for the CPL. He's going to be a star. I guess this gives him a better path to a full MLS gig.

Not too sure what to make of the MLS Next Pro. Ya'll talked about it with Mo Farsi. Is it truly a step up? Or more lateral?

Surprised a couple of Calgary kids, Adam Huskic and Dane Domic, didn't get selected in last night's draft. Thought both would be a shoe-in. Good to see the other Calgary players selected though. Big fan of Caden Rogozinski.
They had a kid on the news last night (sorry I can't recall his name now), but he was hoping to be drafted and wasn't. I wonder if some of them can get a look with the Cavs anyway though, being local and obviously somewhat close?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
IMO this MLS Next Pro is a different option for players. It's a reserve league with a more direct shot at MLS, which is a pretty lucrative gig. If CPL loses enough to this reserve league then it's a good excuse to become a more attractive place to play. There's always going to be movement at this level as players jockey to make a better living at it, that's the reality. Sucks to lose Farsi, but he wasn't going to stay here anyways. Sucks that Pacific lost Kah, but he was going to leave sooner or later for a better gig.

The whole point of CPL is to give more Canadians the opportunity to play professional soccer, as opposing to their development ending at an early age. The same is true for coaches, management, administrators, etc. So speaking to Farsi's move it's mission accomplished in that sense.

What I will say is that we should never take the stability of Cavalry for granted. Some of the rumours I've heard about Edmonton really bring that to light.
Maybe the long-term hope for the CPL is to become the league beneath the MLS so there is relegation/promotion? That would be amazing...obviously.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote