View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 10:51 AM   #34
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
What would you say is the next step up from CPL though? I think that’s what players are kind of exploring with these moves. I don’t think Farsi was too good for the CPL, but I can see players wanting to try to climb the ladder as a professional, so in that light it makes sense to me.
MLS is still a pretty big step up from CPL, and keep in mind that the Canadian clubs all have their own academy developed players they want to promote to the first team. Waterman managed to work out but he is going to be the exception until the quality of play in CPL improves.

For me, some of the USL Championship clubs would be considered the next step up. Clubs like Indy Eleven or Tampa or Louisville are going to pay better than CPL. In Europe, Ongaro's move to Romania is a good example of making the step up but one where he can get actual minutes. Somewhere like Norway would be a good step up too.

IMO Farsi's move is really a step backwards. Maybe he crushes it with the Crew reserve team and gets a first team contract. But I think the odds of him striking out are just as high. High risk high reward.

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post: