View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 10:27 AM   #862
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

When this thread started I was just in the process of moving out of an inner city duplex infill into a suburban estate home and I have not regretted it at all.

When I was younger I never wanted to leave the inner city but priorities change. The older I have got I have become more of a homebody. Covid sure helps with that but we doubled the size of our house in this move. My garage can now fit both of our vehicles and has room for storage. I have my basement TV setup, home office and home gym with a spare bedroom and that was just not possible in the duplex.

I will say driving downtown is annoying for me as I do it rarely but my wife makes the commute daily and she doesn’t mind it.

I lived in Kensington for many years in my 20’s and I loved it. The duplex in Glenbrook was a great first move from a Condo. Lower maintenance and before a kid felt like plenty of space. Like people earlier in the thread mention. You get older, have kids and priorities change. If I could buy this same house in the inner city I would love it but also wouldn’t be able to afford it.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post: