Thread: Golf!!!2!
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 03:15 PM   #5032
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyang View Post
I've played mainly at XFactor in the NW, which had state of the art sims when they opened several years ago. Not sure how they compare to what's available now, though.

I found hits do tend to go straighter on the sims. At XFactor, you hit off the same surface everytime, so it helps that every shot is on a perfect, flat lie, whether in the fairway, rough, or sand. Also, always knowing exact distances can help (especially on chips and short pitches where my watch on a real course isn't all that accurate).

Of the dozen or so times I've played at XFactor, I regularly break 80, and maybe once or twice I scored worse than a double bogey, which is definitely not the case in real golf.
My son is better and more consistent than me and has played a lot on the local X-Golf and a lot outside this year. I'd say he's probably about 5-10 shots better on the simulator for a similar length course. He's a pretty good putter on the course. He doesn't think it really picks up a big duck hook very well, but distance seems to pretty well simulated and regular misses are picked up. If I think of his blow up holes on a real course, they'd be things like sailing a shot over the green from a crappy lie in the sand, or ball settled down in the bermuda rough that can go anywhere. Those kind of things aren't going to happen on a simulator and can quickly kill a round outside.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nfotiu For This Useful Post: