View Single Post
Old 12-31-2021, 04:18 PM   #1474
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Our Telus bill ballooned back in July and I hate having to renegotiate our plan. That coupled with being overly busy at work, I ended up not doing anything about the bill until today.

I was considering cutting the cord and just going with internet and streaming services. But my mother in law lives with us and she requires (at a minimum) Golf Channel and TSN (for majors). I know I can buy TSN for a month if needed, but was having trouble finding Golf Channel outside of a cable provider.

So I chatted with the frontline support person, who could only reduce our bill by $20, but he offered to forward me to loyalty. I told my tale of woe, and they cut our TV bill in half. I mentioned I could get Freedom's 150mbps internet for $55/month and they agreed to match that.

The cherry on the cake was she offered (I never asked) to then credit us the amount that our bill went up over the last 6 months. They've always refused to credited me for procrastinating to renegotiate my bill in the past, so this was a welcome surprise. It was probably the most satisfying call I've had to make with a tv/internet provider. Nice way to end the year.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote