View Single Post
Old 12-15-2021, 12:02 PM   #2771
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anderson Paak. Bruno Mars. Beyonce. Childish Gambino (who I believe will float in and out with brilliant album drops every 5-10yrs). Taylor Swift. Justin Timberlake. Jack White.

All these artists IMO will be remembered and continue to sell out concerts decades from now. There are plenty more who will I'm sure. You can't say music now will have no staying power, no one has any idea what will have staying power. Then all of a sudden 30 years go by and people are still listening to RHCP. Or Coldplay. Or Radiohead. or Daft Punk. You can say JT or Jack White are 'old' artists, but isn't that the point? When the White Stripes were new did you think people would be listening to Seven Nation Army 2 decades later? I guarantee Timberlake will return with music at some point at it will again be huge. And I'm sure 20 years from now we'll be surprised and impressed by the staying power and growth some artists have gone through.

As for SNL. I'll admit, I never really knew who Dua Lipa was before seeing her performance and I was hooked.